On February 16, Dr. Luann Fortune facilitated an inspirational webinar on current opportunities and recent accomplishments in the practice of integrative medicine (IM). The panel featured students and recent graduates from Saybrook’s College of Integrative Medicine and Health Sciences, sharing details of their community-based projects and their use of integrative medicine in careers.
This discussion featured descriptions of how Saybrook IM scholar-practitioners are impacting a wide-range of fields, including:
- introduction of self-care practices, including mindfulness, movement, integrative nutrition, health and wellness coaching, and narrative approaches, into New York area schools, for faculty, students, and staff,
- a Baton Rouge based cancer survivorship program, addressing the physical, social, emotional, and spiritual concerns of cancer survivors, their families, and caregivers,
- a yoga program for prison inmates, linking link Karma Yoga (selfless service to others) and restorative justice,
- a mind-body wellness programs, including dance/movement therapy, yoga, and creative art for active duty military and veterans, and
- wellness education and promotion work, enhancing well-being, expanding potential, fostering fulfillment, and enriching lives.
A recording of the webinar is available on YouTube at: https://youtu.be/BWVOlsxzkm8